In planning for my three week Australian trip, I used to be surprised to seek out out that Australia is considered one of 5 nations excluded for rental automotive insurance coverage protection advantages on my American Specific card. For sure, it could have been a really impolite awakening to have discovered that out after I had already rented a automotive in Australia.
Visa, nonetheless, does embody Australia in its insurance coverage protection. In accordance with the Visa website, it seems that any private Visa card offers this profit.
A number of issues to recollect for American residents who’re contemplating renting a automotive when visiting Australia:
- Your private automotive insurance coverage doesn’t cowl something in Australia;
- You need to decline the collision harm waiver (CDW) and loss harm waiver (LDW) choices in your rental automotive settlement;
- You must pay for your entire rental together with your Visa card. Watch out with any rental utilizing a voucher or a pay as you go rental. Even when the voucher was paid for with a Visa card, that card quantity might not be transferred to the rental automotive firm, and you wouldn’t be lined by your Visa card;
- Your Visa card solely covers harm to the automotive, not your legal responsibility or harm to something or anyone else. Verify together with your private insurance coverage agent earlier than you allow about easy methods to effectively cowl your legal responsibility.
- Leases lined by your Visa card could solely be as much as thirty one (31) days in size; and
- Must you get into an accident, the emergency quantity from Australia to name Visa is (800) 125-440, or if that doesn’t join, you possibly can name gather again to the USA at (410) 581-9994.